[wpkg-users] Thunderbird and Lightning: Problems after upgrading to new version

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Jan 13 18:06:14 CET 2016

Mandi! Stefan Pendl
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Since Thunderbird now includes Lightning, installing it separately
> doesn't make any sense.
> When Thunderbird is shipping with Lightning, Lightning will already
> be installed globally, there is nothing to take care for.

NO. It is true that TB now include Lightning, but as ''distribution
extensions'' (eg in %ProgramFiles%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\distribution\extensions\) and not as ''system'' one (eg, in
%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Thunderbird\extensions\).

There's a big difference!!!

> Never had any issues with Thunderbird or Lightning, I just had to
> remove the Lightning package after it was sipping with Thunderbird.

Seems random trouble. Also i've never hit that, but there's some bugs
opened and some posts on thunderbird enterprise list.