[wpkg-users] Thunderbird and Lightning: Problems after upgrading to new version

Holger Kröber kroeber at biom.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 15 14:33:57 CET 2016

Hello,

please correct me if i am wrong:
one solution for this problem is to delete the lightning addon in the
distribution folder after upgrading TB, like Marco suggested:

<install cmd='%COMSPEC% /c if exist "%ProgramFiles32%\Mozilla Thunderbird\distribution\extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}" rd /q /s "%ProgramFiles32%\Mozilla Thunderbird\distribution\extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}"' />

You then don´t have to provide Lightning in the extensions folder
("%ProgramFiles32%\Mozilla
Thunderbird\extensions\{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}"'/>).
It is just an option, right? The user can upgrade to a newer version of
Lightning (if available) by himself.

Regards,
Holger