[wpkg-users] Thunderbird and Lightning: Problems after upgrading to new version

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 11:37:21 CET 2016

Am 15.01.2016 um 14:33 schrieb Holger Kröber:
> Hello,
>
> please correct me if i am wrong:
> one solution for this problem is to delete the lightning addon in the
> distribution folder after upgrading TB, like Marco suggested:

I don't remove Lightning after installing Thunderbird.

When I installed the first Thunderbird release containing Lightning, I
also removed the separate Lightning distribution package, since that is
no longer needed.

I now only distribute Thunderbird with its included Lightning package,
that's all.

It doesn't make any sense to distribute something separately that is
already included and maintained through the main installation ;-)

--
*Stefan P.*

Top-posting: