[wpkg-users] WPKG at shutdown on win7 (again)

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Wed May 11 13:01:50 CEST 2016

1) The WPKG share is on a linux server using samba
2) WPKG shutdown process (with wpkg client)  seems to run through and
system shuts down, after that it occurs sometimes that the smb share is
somehow "frozen" (only the wpkg share, other shares, for example my wpkg
testing share on the same server still works fine). Now if the share
"froze" all Systems running WPKG-GP wont boot up anymore and will hang
on the Initializing Screen until i restart the samba daemon and now the
systems run WPKG fine and continue into login screen of windows.
It is still possible to mount the share if it "froze" but even running
wpkg.js manually wont work and just hangs after the two "Microsoft
Windows Script Host" lines

im now thinking about writing my own wpkg at shutdown script using a
local gpo, i stumbled over this tutorial from 2011:
http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/wpkg-users/2011-July/007714.html

Am 11.05.2016 um 12:47 schrieb Luca Manganelli:
> Il 11/05/2016 10:24, Nils Thiele ha scritto:
>> I have been using a modified wpkg client (posted on this mailing list,
>> [...]
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) the WPKG shared folder is managed by Windows Server or Samba?
> 2) the WPKG shutdown process is completely frozen indefinetely or it
> works after minutes?

IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg
Flügelbau West, R. 204
Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1
D-20146 Hamburg