[wpkg-users] powershell: system cannot find the file

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 20 16:17:02 CEST 2016

Hi fellow Wpkg'ers,

For JRE, I switched to using powershell to remove old versions as
suggested in https://wpkg.org/Java

However, it seems that on some PCs `powershell` cannot be found:

  2016-10-20 11:43:21, ERROR   : Command 'powershell -noprofile
  -EncodedCommand DQAKAGYAbwByAGUA(...) B1AHQADQAKAH0A'
  was unsuccessful.|The system cannot find the file specified.|

And I think I had the same problem with some of my batch files.
Apparently, powershell is installed in
%SystemRoot%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 but this is not in the
PATH.

Am I right? What's the recommended way to extend the PATH variable
within a package XML?

--
-- Andreas

    :-)