[wpkg-users] User GUI for WPKG-GP

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Tue Sep 13 14:39:12 CEST 2016

Hello Falko,

No problem :)

Yeah i guess there are many more bugs in the updatefile generator cause
there are so many more options for packages
that i may have never used in our organisation and so there is no
support for them.

Besides that there is also no error logging implemented.

BUT....

Implemeting the query function (for updates, installs, downgrades and
removes) into wpkg-gp was way easier than i thought.
Fixed a bug in wpkg-gp as well that i stumbled upon a few times allready
in the past that always bugged me.

I allready have a running version of the client to parse this new
information but not sure yet how to display it since the windows
notifications bubbles are quite limited. (formatting text) would have
loved to color them depending on the task but this is not possible and
creating my own notifications in wxpython create all kinds of other
problems.

Anyway, expect a test release with the updated wpkg-gp and client later
this week!

Best Regards,

Nils