[wpkg-users] WPKG-GP Mod v0.17.12 - Query Function

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Thu Sep 15 09:26:40 CEST 2016

> I also have to add that me myself had problems with wpkg-gp at bootup
> on 10 with a system that was upgraded from windows7, but a clean
> install of windows (updated to latest version, one month ago) fixed
> this and worked fine with wpkg-gp.
>
> My modificatio doesn't change anything regarding the bootup execution
> method. The Group Policy Extension Part (which does the execution a
> startup) is coded in c++ and is out of my league.
> Im just a beginner python dev at this moment ;)

I'm also having problems on a very few systems with wpkg-gp on win10.
Turns out that on those systems windows will ignore the GP-Settings for
synchronous GPEs and ignore them. This means WPKGGPs GPE (and any others,
e.g. scripts) run on those systems only every 10th boot (when win10
suddenly decides to not ignore GPEs). I couldn't figure out why... so
having an additional option for the user to start WPKG via GUI is
extremely helpful in those cases.

(see https://groups.google.com/d/topic/wpkg-gp/JMjQd4Cmx1E/discussion)

But this doesn't look like a specific wpkg-gp problem, but a windows
one...

Best Regards

 Heiko