[wpkg-users] wpkg-gp on windows 10 home

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jan 25 10:59:04 CET 2018

Hi,

Sadly i have no experience using the Home Version of Windows 10 but i
guess because it is stripped of all the other Group Policy Stuff the
Group Policy Extension (GPE) of WPKG-GP, that is responsible for the
boot execution, is not working on this version windows.

As a work arround you could trigger wpkg-gp through the wpkgpipeclient
with a login script:

C:\Program Files\Wpkg-GP\wpkgpipeclient.exe |ExecuteNoReboot|

|Im working on a big update for the client right now and could add an
option to execute it with a flag to jump right into a wpkg sync if there
is demand for it.|

Am 23.01.2018 um 14:41 schrieb Christian:
> Dear all,
>
> is wpkg-gp expected to run at boot or restart on windows 10 home? From
> what I can observe in our environment, it only runs at boot on windows
> 10 professional computers. On home, the service starts, and wpkg can
> later be triggered via wpkg-gp client, but does not run at boot time. We
> use wpkg-gp 0.17.13 and wpkg-gp client 0.9.6.10.
>
> Thanks for any input,
>
> Christian

IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg
Flügelbau West, R. 204
Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1
D-20146 Hamburg