[wpkg-users] Why I love WPKG and how we use it as a MSP with multi tenancy and mobile devices

Falko Trojahn wpkg at trojahn.de
Mon Jul 2 22:34:28 CEST 2018

Matthew Broadhead schrieb am 29.06.2018 um 10:02:
> i use WPKG and it works fine.  but what i don't like about it is that i
> have to write scripts to upgrade packages and using the examples from
> the website which seem incomplete.  what would be better is if wpkg
> could pull the scripts from a central resource where they could be
> tweaked by users until they function correctly

There are lots of github repos with complex installation xml for wpkg,
just one example:
https://github.com/speartail/wpkg

But, you'll never find the perfect matching collection for your needs -
this is what wpkg is for: adjust it for your own situation.

Software installation routines are a running target ... IMHO you can
integrate wpkg with chocolatey, so may be this is what you want.
Thou, only a small percentage of chocolatey packages is approved. So,
I would never trust remote packages when deploying within a large,
or even small company: just build 'em yourself and you know for
sure what's going on.

just my 2¢
Falko