[wpkg-users] Probably a newbie problem...

Falko Trojahn wpkg at trojahn.de
Mon Oct 15 01:59:17 CEST 2018

Hi Frederic,

perhaps it makes sence to look what the result code of the "copy"
command tells you.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8219040/windows-copy-command-return-codes#8219166

Please use https://wpkg.org/Packages.xml#Action_conditions
to determine, if the firefox package should be installed or not.

Since there are multiple package checks, you may have different cases:

- firefox is not installed or not correct version -> install it

- firefox version is correct -> don't do it again

- file xx version/contents is correct -> overwrite it, and set return
   code of copy operation accordingly, or leave as it is

- ...

> I wonder if it's normal to see the %SOFTWARE% and %PKG_DST% variables at
> this level.  I would have expected to see the variable values instead.

Yes this is normal. Set logLevel=0xFF if you like to see ultimate
informations (all levels shown, DEBUG INFO WARN ERR ), or lower level
according to your needs.

Or, set lower loglevel in your config.xml. And when debugging, use

cscript wpkg.js /synchronize /logLevel:"0xFF" /debug

or alike on cmd line. Then all possible log information is written
to your log location (standard is %TEMP%), and nearly the same
on console output.

> If I comment out the copy statements, it works properly.
Perhaps it makes sense to set:
   exit code="1"
But it's up to you, if this is correct for what you want to achieve.
Usually I'd rather use xcopy, even if it is for only one file.

HTH
Falko