[wpkg-users] Conditional depends?

Anthony Walters anthony.walters at dkit.ie
Fri Jan 11 16:31:53 CET 2019

> OK, but there's no match form 'minor/major of', nor negations.
>
> So, if i need to match 'before windows 10' i can use:
>
> 	os=" \d{1}\.\d{1}\.\d{4}"
>
> (note the space in front of the first number), eg 'all version numbers
> that start with a single digit', but this seems to me a bit kludgy/too loose.
>

> There's some way to write a stricter matches?

You could make the matching of the space more readable and obvious in
your code like so:

And to expand on that, this only matches windows versions 7, 8 and 9.

os="\s+[789]{1}\.\d{1}\.\d{4}"

Is there *always* a space before the 'os' string? if so that's good
enough i think.

--
Anthony Walters
Technical Officer