[wpkg-users] Updates without taskkill?

Bernhard Mayr bmmayr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 06:43:37 CET 2021

Hi,

for computers, that don't get rebooted regularly, I use a windows task that
restarts wpkgservice once daily early in the morning before business
starts.
One can also specify in the task, that the task should wake up the computer
to execute the task and/or that if the the task can not be run at the
specified time, it should be executed later but as soon as possible.
This should ensure, that wpkg runs when no one is using the computer or
immediately when it is woken up.

Alternative:
Disallow suspend to disk and enforce hard reboots e.g. powercfg -h off

regards

Bernhard