[debian-non-standard] Some questions about Debian on Asus WL-500g Premium

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Feb 14 15:08:27 CET 2008

Przemyslaw Baran schrieb:
> Hi
>
> On my asus wl-500Gp I have samba, mt-daap, lighttp with php, mysql all
> working fine and stable but I can't make connection like pppoe truth wan
> port. I tray different method and it doesn't work.
>
> I have good port configuration

(...)

> My configuration of neostrada work in debian/ubuntu on my laptop but on
> asus doesn't work.
>
> When I try use tool pppoeconf they can't find pppoe concentrator.
>
> Debian on asuss is great idea for small servers or stable router but I
> don't know why without pppoe :)
>
> Anyone have idea why it doesn't work for me ?

Sorry, I've no idea why it doesn't work for you.

For me, an ethernet ADSL modem worked fine with those settings:

robocfg switch disable
robocfg vlans enable reset
robocfg vlan 0 ports "0 1 2 3 4 5u"
robocfg switch enable

As you will notice, there are no VLANs here.

That being said: as you're from Poland and you use TPSA/Neostrada.

I use a USB modem (Sagem F at st, a "ADSL winmodem") with that provider -
it takes power from the USB port. Works great, and no external modem is
needed.
If you have it, you might want to try it - I can post some instructions
if you want.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org