[debian-non-standard] segmentation faults and bus errors - abandoned all hope

Tomasz Orłowski t.orlowski at wsisiz.edu.pl
Wed Feb 27 21:20:41 CET 2008

Martin Steigerwald napisał(a):
> In case its interesting, its slightly different here. I have a different
> value in sdram_ncdl, all the other variables seem to have the same
> contents. Hmm, and I have wl_frameburst=off whatever that means.
>
> gayatri:~# grep -i ram /tmp/mtd3.strings
> os_ram_addr=80001000
> wl0_frameburst=0
> sdram_config=0x0062
> sdram_refresh=0x0000
> sdram_ncdl=0x608
> wl_frameburst=off
> sdram_init=0x0009
> dl_ram_addr=a0001000

Thanks guys for help!
Pin 9 is the salvation! I got my box alive so I'm still in the game :)
Maybe a small issue still exist and I still haven't got remedy for my
crucial pain - segmentaion on Debian with 32MB enabled. But thanks God
box is not dead and got another chances to fix it.

Funny thing: after Pin 9 trick CFE shows this:

CFE> nvram get sdram_init
0x000b
*** command status = 0
CFE> nvram get sdram_ncdl
0xff06
*** command status = 0

but strings /dev/mtd3 shows this:

sdram_ncdl=0
wl_frameburst=0
sdram_init=0x000a (!) <-- this bricked my router, so it is already stored

So Debian is comming up with 16MB and without segmentation faults.
I think I need mtd erease nvram, but I'll better study some forum posts
before doing it.
I became careful ;)

PS: Martin could you please tell what is your "hardware_version" field
value stored in mtd3?  I'm looking for someone who got it with value
WL500gH-01-00-00-00 and for his ram settings.

Thanks once again
Tomasz