[debian-non-standard] wl500gP 128MB memory upgrade ?

Igor Videc igor.videc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:55:53 CEST 2008

Hy all,

I have setup a wl500gP with debian as per instructions on
http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_ASUS_WL-500G_deluxe .
It runs great with a 2.5'' notebook hdd on usb2.0.
As I started adding more services I noticed that ram usage went above
32MB and swap was getting used a lot.
If you read http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=12962 it sounds
perfectly possible to upgrade to 128MB of ram which would make wl500gP
one fantastic small debian system.
For the 128MB support it is neccessary to have this patch
http://oleg.wl500g.info/wl500gp/kernel-mvista-mem.patch (or maybe not
?).
Is that patch already included ?
If not, can it be ?
I'm not that much into kernel compiling(not at all) and have no idea
if that is applicable to 2.6.19.2 in use at the moment(the newer
kernels are not stable?) ?
I would rather know in advance before I disassemble my router :-)

Thanks
Igor