[debian-non-standard] 2.4 kernel on Asus WL500G Premium

Luci Stanescu luci at cnix.ro
Sun Jun 22 00:12:42 CEST 2008

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Luci Stanescu schrieb:
>
> (...)
>
>>> There were some patches for 2.4 kernel to add a similar
>>> functionality, if you look well enough in google.
>> Indeed, I found a patch, seems it was a bit old since it didn't
>> actually apply, but there wasn't much to modify so I did by hand. I'll
>> put an image online at one point. If there's anyone interested in it
>> before I actually do that, I'd be happy to provide it.
>
> Could you paste a link to that patch, for reference?

The patch is included in a post in the discussion:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/booting-from-usb-drive-628322/

As I've said, it doesn't apply to 2.4.35.4 (the one downloaded by the
current svn revision of kamikaze) but it can _really_ easily be applied
by hand.

--
Luci Stanescu