[debian-non-standard] debootstrap from x86 to mipsel

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jul 10 12:13:49 CEST 2008

Tomasz Orłowski schrieb:
> Tomasz Chmielewski pisze:
>>
>> So you can either:
>> - try if current (unstable) debootstrap works better on mixed
>> architectures than a couple of years ago
>> - start your own mipsel in qemu (or on your asus), do debootstrap there
>> - download ready images :) - i.e., from my site
>>

> Thanks mate... of course item 3 I did successfully a long time ago. Now
> just playing with it :P (read it: I want to brick my box ... again)
> Have you done any compilations for revisions > 9285 with swap running?
> Just looking at this old thread https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2035 and
> a little bit lost which of latest revisions works with swap (I don't
> need b43 - atheros on-board ;o) ).

Yeah, current openwrt svn work stable with swap (2.6.25.x).

The b43 wireless is somehow problematic (you need some patches, use a
newer wireless-compat than the one in openwrt svn, and even then, it
does not work that well; it does not oops or panic, which is good though).

I tested it a week ago, maybe something changed till now (WRT to b43).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org