[debian-non-standard] Debian on Thecus5200: how to read ide 44-pin

elmer at leet.la elmer at leet.la
Thu Aug 14 09:05:26 CEST 2008

I give up with archlinux.
  Actually i cant even boot off a cd of archlinux! It only boot to the  grub command shell and that's all. I had to boot off from a gentoo cd  (no problem) and did an install of archlinux from that. But when i  boot, it always complain about the root device not found. With lilo and  grub.
  For grub, i tried "install-grub" and "grub-install" but it doesnt work.  I also tried to type "grub" to enter the grub shell, and to find the  stage1, but no success neither.

  Finally i booted off a net-install debian cd, installed debian, and..with grub it doesnt work, but with lilo it works directly!

  I dont understand why it does not support archlinux. Maybe the initrd  image created by archlinux during kernel building is not correct? But i  dont know enough about that and/or mkinitcpio.conf . If someone succeded to install archlinux, i would be happy to get some help. If not, i will keep debian.

  Thanks again for ur help.  _____