[debian-non-standard] 2.6.30 kernel for ASUS WL-500g*

Aryanto Rachmad aryanto at chello.at
Tue Sep 15 23:41:43 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Aryanto Rachmad wrote:
>> So it is basically like the way Openwrt boots, but it remains getting
>> everything from the Flash. I tried (again a few years back) to use an
>> "init" script, to be executed after the USB hard disk is mounted, but
>> it didn't work. Because somehow the kernel was still searching for
>> something in the Flash instead of the USB hard disk. So I thought we
>> should load the kernel from the USB disk as I mentioned before. So
>> could you please explain in more detail how to switch to the USB hard
>> disk during the booting?
>
> CONFIG_CMDLINE="root=/dev/sda1 rootdelay=10 console=ttyS0,115200"

:) I think I tried similar like that one as well. I am not sure why it
was not working. Maybe I mixed up the kernel modules and kernel headers
between the ones compiled under Openwrt environment and the ones
re-compiled under Debian environment. I am not sure. I will try that
again as soon as I get my WL-500gP has 128MB RAM and serial console.

Thanks a lot Tomasz.

Kind regards,

Anto