[debian-non-standard] 2.6.31.1 images, with btrfs support

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Nov 3 23:12:43 CET 2009

Martin Steigerwald wrote:

>> btrfs also includes some ssd optimizations.
>>
>> Of course, /dev/sda1 has to be formatted with btrfs first.
>
> Great.
>
> So I can use BTRFS as a boot partition already since the kernel is loaded
> from the flash firmware boot loader?

Yes.
However, btrfs uses much more memory than i.e. ext3.
So your system may freeze/hang (out-of-memory killer) after a few days,
if your memory is now used in ~20 MB or more (will also depend on the
size of the btrfs filesystem and so on).
So, use with care.

>> I did not try if Broadcom wireless finally works better with this
>>  release, as I use an Atheros card.
>
> Would you still like to now whether that D-Link stick I mentioned earlier
> works in access point mode? I did not come around trying anything out till
> now.

If it's mentioned on linuxwireless.org, than it should work.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org