[debian-non-standard] wireless on Asus wl500g Deluxe and 2.6 kernel

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Jan 7 03:10:12 CET 2010

Hi,

The web site
<http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_ASUS_WL-500G_deluxe#Wireless> states:

"Currently, wireless doesn't work for boards with Broadcom mini-PCI."

Now, according to openwrt
<http://wiki.openwrt.org/oldwiki/hardware/asus>, the wl-500g Deluxe does
not have mini-PCI, but an integrated wireless (which is true, I opened
the box and would have switched the card a long time ago if it would be
the case).

Now my question is: does wireless (in ap mode) work with a recent 2.6
kernel on this station, reliably? Openwrt still recommends to use 2.4,
but that might be outdated.

It would be nice to have contact to someone using such a device with
working wireless using a 2.6 kernel.

thanks, Frank