[debian-non-standard] Lenny @ Asus wl-500g

Sebastian Bialy heby at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Jan 28 18:22:31 CET 2010

Amain (debwrt new) wrote:
> Have a look at http://www.debwrt.net/. There is a Sarge MIPSEL rootfs
> available with support for networking ( ethernet + wireless ), serial
> cable console, and more.

A have already working "vanilla" sarge. But it is not as easy as it
looks to change it to lenny - as far as i remeber last time I did it was
a bit complicated (ie there are some packets thah did not upgrade
because of errors). There was also problem with repository keys and so
on. It is possible of course that I have not-working/buggy version of
sarge. Anyway because it was a bit complicated (and I lost lenny
filesystem becasue of hardware failure) I want to do it again, but
wihout (if possible) upgrading from sarge. I was not abe to get working
serial console using debootstrap (there was no login prompt with proper
- i think - configuration). This is probably my error but anyway I'm
looking for ready-to-use vanilla lenny before I will make my own lenny
from scratch using debootstrap.