[iodine-users] different users/passwords for different clients?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:45:20 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 20:35, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
> I wonder if it was ever contemplated to extend iodined to support multiple
> connecting clients, with different usernames/passwords?

It could certainly be done, but what you can do as a workaround is to
have a semi-public (or even public) iodine password but only allow the
gateway to access ssh/vpn where you do the actual authentication.

I do that on my iodine gateway, although I haven't connected it to
something like fail2ban, with that giving out the password to everyone
would be viable.