[iodine-users] Basic help needed

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 26 15:58:47 CEST 2012

On 10/26/2012 03:41 PM, Tismon wrote:
> If anyone is watching, I could stand to use a little direction if
> someone could spare a little.
>
> I have iodine working, connecting, and can ping through both directions,
> but I'm having trouble routing traffic through it. I imagine that it
> is extremely simple and I'm just over thinking it, but it seems to
> allude me.
> I'd like just basic routing at the moment, but I have ssh and vpn setup
> and working on my router and would eventually like to encrypt traffic
> through iodine as well.
>
> The server is running win 7-64, but setting up an image to run linux
> wouldn't take much if that's the issue.
>
> And feel free to speak as if I'm an idiot with instructions. I sort of
> feel like one at the moment anyway.

I usually start something like it:

NAMESERVER=$(awk '/^nameserver/ {print $2}' < /etc/resolv.conf | head -1)
GATEWAY=$(route -n | awk '/^0.0.0.0/ {print $2}')
route del default
route add -host $NAMESERVER gw $GATEWAY
route add default gw 10.x.x.x

(assuming your iodine server is 10.x.x.x).

Note that your nameserver is /etc/resolv.conf must not be 127.x.x.x.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://www.ptraveler.com