[iodine-users] Windows 8 ARM?

Erik Ekman root at kryo.se
Tue Jul 1 08:27:45 CEST 2014

> On 19 jun 2014, at 12:12, Norrin Radd <realnorrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,

Hi (late reply because of summer holiday)

> Would it be possible for someone to attempt to compile iodine (at least the client) for Windows 8 ARM aka Windows RT? Or perhaps just take a guess as to what such an endeavor would take?

There is no easy way to compile for that target with GCC yet that I know of. I don't have ms dev tools and I don't know if iodine compiles with them.

> FYI, when "jailbroken", Windows 8 RT can run custom/compiled binaries, and not just apps from the MS store.

I read that windows rt blocks a lot of apis (like i/o calls), but I am not sure if they really are gone or just not available without jailbreak.

Cheers,
Erik