[iodine-users] Iodine-Server on Ubuntu behind Router with noip.com-Account

Matthias Peter Walther m_walt11 at uni-muenster.de
Tue Jun 23 18:23:13 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an iodine server on my NAS at home (standard 14.04
Ubuntu amd64-x86).

A local test tunnel within my lan at home works perfectly. But I can't
access it from anyplace different than my home lan.

I tried the test tool on the website, it responds:

===================
    Troubleshoot your iodine setup

    Analyzing DNS setup for tunnel domain '[removed].no-ip.biz'...
(might take some time)

    Looking for nameserver for no-ip.biz.. got nf3.no-ip.com (at
69.65.40.108). Resolving delegation of [removed].no-ip.biz at
69.65.40.108... not known.

    Error: The tunnel name [removed].no-ip.biz is not delegated to any
host according to nameserver nf3.no-ip.com.

I set up a port forwarding for tcp and udp port 53 to my NAS. The router
is an AVM FritzBox 7362SL.

Any ideas, why this doesn't work? I'm totally new to iodine. The
dns-entry works perfectly, I can access my home server via ssh and
different protocols.

Thanks for reading.

Greetings from Germany
Matthias