[sheepdog-users] resize of sheepdog device

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:54:47 CET 2012

2012/12/12 Liu Yuan <namei.unix at gmail.com>:
> Other tools can use 'collie node info' to get the high watermark
> warning. Warning from logfile is not necessary from my perspective.

I agree on that.

> You can mitigate out of space problem by adding more nodes to increase
> the cluster storage space.

It's just testing so it doesn't matter.

> I think you can do following process to resize the node space:
> 1. 'collie node kill' the node
> 2. 'rm' all the data in /path/to/store
> 3. restart the node

I did :
1.  collie node kill sheepdog002
2.  rm -r /mnt/sheepdog/*
3.  sheep /mnt/sheepdog

The node got resized
  # collie node info
  Id      Size    Used    Use%
   0      9.3 GB  976 MB   10%
   1      920 MB  976 MB  106%
   2      978 MB  976 MB   99%
  Total   11 GB   2.9 GB   25%
  Total virtual image size        10 GB

I repeated the procedure on the other nodes and it worked fine, all
nodes are resized now.

I'm experiencyng another problem about kill daemon but I'll open a new
topic after about it.