[sheepdog-users] sheepdog (0.4.0-0+tek2b-10) testing; urgency=high

Jens WEBER jweber at tek2b.org
Wed Jul 25 12:56:14 CEST 2012

Hi Dietmar,

I think it is always good to reserved port 7000 for gateway only instance and so /var/lib/sheepdog/gateway-only. Because gateway-only has no data, we can remove and create empty directory for each start and no special parameters are needed. What do you think?

For sheep instance containing data your approach with the setup file seems to be a fine way. But I think it is not good idea to created the file automatically, just don't start if it doesn't exist.

So setup file contains DAEMON_ARGS and /etc/default/sheepdog only directory to scan.

Cheers Jens