[sheepdog-users] Did i get sheepdog wrong?

icez network icez at icez.net
Sat Jun 30 03:23:39 CEST 2012

Sheepdog 'does' use the technique to divide the vdi ('disk image' as
you might concern) into 4MB 'object' and use the consistency hashing
to distribute these 'object' across the cluster. So if you're running
a cluster consist of 2 nodes with 2 copies, the object will be stored
on both node. By the way, you still can access your 'vdi' from every
node within the cluster.

You may use command 'collie node info' to get the current usage of each node.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Stefan Priebe <s.priebe at profihost.ag> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> i think i got sheepdog wrong. I thought sheepdog will spread the WHOLE disk
> image across all nodes to archieve maximum performance. Instead it seems
> sheepdog just holds X copies of whole images. And hen places different
> images onto different nodes.
>
> Is this correct? So it is working completely different than ceph / rbd-
>
> Greets
> Stefan
> --

Personal hosting by icez network