[sheepdog-users] sheepdog 2 node cluster

icez network icez at icez.net
Sun Oct 28 18:40:09 CET 2012

to make sure your cluster meets the minimum consistency, sheepdog
recommended you to have 3 or more nodes. but if you want to have only 2
nodes in the cluster and don't want to make cluster I/O halt when one node
die, you should use '-m unsafe' as an option when format the cluster.

and as far as i know, there's still no way to change that mode while the
cluster is running.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Stefan Lesicnik <stefan at lsd.co.za> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm testing a 2 node sheepdog cluster with farm backend and copies = 2. If
> I reboot a node I get an IO operation halted (i assume since I dont have 2
> copies anymore and default is safe mode). I see the manpage mentions
>
> -m, --mode [safe|quorum|unsafe]
>
> Is this only at backend format time, or am I able to change this on a
> formatted backend already? Maybe wiki needs a section on 2 node cluster
> recommendations.
>
> Thanks
> Stefan
>
> --