[sheepdog-users] About New Futures

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 17:12:29 CEST 2013

At Fri, 9 Aug 2013 16:02:48 +0200,
Valerio Pachera wrote:

> Thank you Yuan for the report 'What is cooking in master # 2013.8.9'.
>
> About
>
> >   A new command is added to get the information of the cache usage
> > usage:
> >  $ collie vdi cache info # Get the cache informatin of the node
>
> Is it not yet merged in master (0.7.0_rc0_12_g2b526ef)?
>
> # collie vdi cache info
> Usage: collie vdi cache {flush|delete} [-s snapshot] [-a address] [-p
> port] [-h] <vdiname>

I pushed the patch to the master.  It's available now.

> --------------
>
> I remember about a future that Morita wrote about time ago (I can't
> find the mail right now).
> It was about freeing block not used anymore about the guest.
> I.e. I write 10G of file on a vdi, them I remove them. The allocate
> size of vdi do not change (like a qcow2 that grows but don't shrink).

Maybe, you misunderstood something I wrote.  Basically, it's difficult
for block device storage to know that which blocks are not used by
guest file system.

If you are talking about a trim command from the guest, Sheepdog can
handle it and the feature is already merged into upstream.

Thanks,

Kazutaka