[sheepdog-users] sheepdog replication got stuck

Gerald Richter - ECOS richter at ecos.de
Mon Dec 23 05:56:00 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a test cluster with two nodes (but formated with the default copies = 3).

On Friday I imported a couple of vm’s each about 20GB. On the system where I did the import, they were imported correctly, but on the other system after 3 days only a few MB shows up in the node vdi list. Both sides see each other (dog node list show both nodes on both sides), there were no new epoch since I did the import, but still the size of the vdi’s on the second node is not growing anymore.

I am using corosync and corosync reports that everything is ok. Both nodes are in different locations and connected with about 200MB/s via IPsec.

I am running sheepdog 0.75 .

Any idea what’s wrong or how to debug this?

Thanks & Regards

Gerald