[sheepdog-users] how about the data relastionship with snapshot and clone

redtone kelphon at redtone.hk
Tue Dec 31 11:24:13 CET 2013

OS Provision with snapshot and clone

1, dog vdi create windows2003
2, install windows 2003 on the vdi disk
3, dog vdi snapshot -s osbase windows2003
4, dog vdi clone -s osbase windows2003 kvm01_os
5, running VM on kvm01_os
6, dog vdi delete -s osbase windows2003

I wander if the the VM on kvm01_os will crashed because I delete the
snapshot osbase, because the kvm01_os is cloned from the osbase snapshot.

In fact the VM on kvm01_os will not crash when I delete the snapshot osbase.
I am not sure about this. I think this is not safe. Anyone can clear it?