[sheepdog-users] 答复: the windows 2003 server will cannot bootup beforei reboot sheepdog

redtone kelphon at redtone.hk
Tue Dec 17 06:10:08 CET 2013

I also check win2008r2, the same issue.
I also add new guest with windows system, the same issue

But linux system has no such issue
And this means all windows guest on the host will be hold and cannot be boot
up.

-----ÓʼþÔ­¼þ-----
·¢¼þÈË: sheepdog-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org
[mailto:sheepdog-users-bounces at lists.wpkg.org] ´ú±í redtone
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2013Äê12ÔÂ17ÈÕ 12:56
ÊÕ¼þÈË: sheepdog-users at lists.wpkg.org
Ö÷Ìâ: [sheepdog-users] the windows 2003 server will cannot bootup beforei
reboot sheepdog

I run sheep in a single centos 6.4 node with 300G SSD

sheep -w size=300000,dir=/ssdcache/ /var/lib/sheepdog/
sheep ¨Cv
sheepdog daemon version 0.7.5

I use XML to create guest

    <disk type="network">
      <driver name="qemu" type="raw" io="threads" cache="writeback"/>
      <source protocol="sheepdog" name="kvm117_os">
        <host name="localhost" port="7000"/>
      </source>
      <target dev="hda" bus="ide"/>
¡¡¡¡</disk>

I use qemu-img convert to import my OS to sheep dog disk.
But I found when I import windows 2003, the boot up will be hold by a black
screen in VNC.

I must reboot sheepdog to boot up windows 2003 normally.

After sometime the windows 2003 will be hold and cannot be booted up, need
reboot sheepdog again

I guest maybe the bus type is wrong. So I change bus type to virtio and
install the driver in 2003. the same issue will occur.

Then I try to import centos 5.9 to the sheep dog disk. The centos 5.9 can
boot up normally there is no need to reboot sheepdog.