[sheepdog-users] [Sheepdog]Testing OpenStack with Sheepdog

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 08:24:25 CET 2013

Hi Morita,

Recently, i test Openstack with Sheepdog like following(from
https://github.com/collie/sheepdog/wiki/Openstack).

1,   Install Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) or Fedora 16
2,   Install Sheepdog to the appropriate location on your system
3,   Start Sheepdog and format it (See Getting Started)
4,   Download DevStack

    $ git clone git://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack.git

5,  Start the install

    $ cd devstack; CINDER_DRIVER=sheepdog ./stack.sh

I wonder why we need not install Libvirt for this test?
I know the data flow in Openstack is like this.

Openstack Nova ----> Libvirt client ----> Libvirt Server ---->
Openstack Cinder(Call qemu-img to create/delete volumes)

Libvirt plays a key role in this procedure but our wiki do not
tell users to install Libvirt.

Should i install Libvirt for this test? Please give me some
suggestions. Thanks a lot in advance ;-)

--
Thanks
Harry Wei