[sheepdog-users] When does sheepdog flush the cache?

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:29:32 CET 2013

Hi,
small cluster, 2 nodes, copies=2 (-m unsafe).
version: 0.5.5_62_gee9a5c6

I converted a qcow2 disk without using the '-t directsync' option just
to test the conversion speed.
On the second node I see as expected
  collie vdi list
  Name        Id    Size    Used
  win7         1   30 GB  0.0 MB

Right now data are only on the first disk.
Using 'collie vdi cache flush vdiname' would start using the second node.
Instead of running 'collie vdi cache flush', I started a guest that
uses the vdi.
  kvm -drive file=sheepdog:squeeze -m 1024 -vnc :1

I though it was going to automatically flush the cache right after
running kvm but it doesn't.
Not even waiting 1 hour.

Is that correct?