[sheepdog-users] RAM usage

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:44:14 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 04:32:25PM +0200, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Hi, right now, after about 4 days,
>   3 nodes are using more than 40MB of ram
>   1 node is using 24 MB of ram.
>
> Is ram going to be used more:
> - increasing the cluster size (adding disks and/or nodes) ?
> - having more space allocate from the vdi?
> - having more snapshots?
> - other ?

No, we should allocate temporary memory to hold in-fly data of IO operations.
When IO operation completes, memory is freed.

We can tune the long running sheep to get even smaller memory with more
aggressive glibc reclaim parameter (hence worse memory performance), but I think
less than 50M memory footprint looks pretty okay.

Thanks