[sheepdog-users] collie cluster snapshot

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Thu Jul 25 21:35:10 CEST 2013

Just finished running a successful snapshot to the SMB share.  Thank
you!  Total disk usage of the snapshot is 206G, total virtual image size
is 270G, with collie node info listing 98G used.  I'm going to be
deploying more virtual machines on these nodes over the next few days,
and adding at least 2 more nodes to the cluster.

Not sure how to exactly determine amount of deduplication at this
point.  The issue is a bit muddled as my data volumes are btrfs with
compress=lzo set, and my images are stored in sheepdog in qcow2 format.
So far the performance has been quite satisfactory in spite of this.

Eventually, I want to build a few baseline images I can clone from.  I
should see more de-dup savings once that is implemented.