[sheepdog-users] Snapshot and used space

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:47:36 CET 2013

At Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:43:48 +0100,
Valerio Pachera wrote:

> I made a simple test:
> created a snapshot, run the guest, stopped the guest and remove the snapshot.
>
> vdi with id 0 now shows 188Mb of used space instead of 1,7G of the original vdi.
>
> The guest works fine anyway, and data I wrote before and after the
> snapshot are there.
> But I can't figure out about used space.

If your log file is not big, please inline it so that we can easily
comment on it.

The 'Used' field means the size of used data objects that are not
shared with any other vdis.  On the other hand, the 'Shared' field
means the size of used data objects that are shared with other ones.
In your case, most of data objects are shared with the snapshot, so
the number in the 'Used' filed is small.

Thanks,

Kazutaka