[sheepdog-users] re-start a cluster using md

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 16:06:11 CEST 2013

2013/5/3 Liu Yuan <namei.unix at gmail.com>

> So in your case with multiple disks node, you need
>
>  $ sheep /mnt/sheepdog,/mnt/sheepdog/obj,/mnt/sdb1

This makes it fully clear in my head now :-)

> The first component is the path to the meta-store, which was created at
> /mnt/sheepdog/ when you started it with a single store path.
>
> Actually, for a single store setup, A and B both are equal
>  A $ sheep /mnt/sheepdog
>  B $ sheep /mnt/sheepdog,/mnt/sheepdog/obj

This too!

And it works.
Just tested.

If I make a mistake, like inverting the order
  sheep /mnt/sdb1,/mnt/sheepdog/obj,/mnt/sheepdog
Will it fail with an error, or mess up?

Also, what if I "forget" a disk
i.e. (having /mnt/sheepdog for sda, /mnt/sdb1, /mnt/sdc1, /mnt/sdd1)
  sheep /mnt/sheepdog,/mnt/sheepdog/obj,/mnt/sdb1,/mnt/sdc1
I missed /mnt/sdd1...
What's going to happen?