[sheepdog-users] md remove has to trigget recover in some cases

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:50:57 CEST 2013

On 05/10/2013 05:24 PM, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> I have no guests running.
> I have no idea of what could happen (data .corruption, I/O errors...).

When disk is full, the cluster is considered full and
if no disks are unplugged or corrupted, just new writes make it full,
   no objects are missing, but you can't create new objects

if disk is unplugged or corrupted, the recovery makes it full,
   some copies of victim objects are missing and you can't create new
objects

So to handle cluster FULL condition, you either plug new disk into the
node where it is node that cause the problem to get a node-wide
re-balance or add a new node to get a cluster-wide re-balance.