[sheepdog-users] Force cluster re-balance/recover

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Mon May 20 12:27:26 CEST 2013

On 05/20/2013 06:11 PM, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Hi, is there a new sub commando to trigger the cluster re-balance?
> This is going to be used when we hot-add disks to a host and the node
> weigh changes.

Currently hot-plug disk into MD doesn't change the node weight. So
before we add force rebalance command, we need change the node weight
for MD plug/unplug.

So with this change, plug/unplug the disk will act as if a node change
that triggers the cluster wide re-balance. This trade-off should be
considered.