[sheepdog-users] [sheepdog] plan for Sheepdog 1.0 and new organization

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Wed May 22 05:34:40 CEST 2013

On 05/21/2013 11:24 PM, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all, sorry for not having managed to release Sheepdog as I
> announced before.  I thought that I had to release Sheepdog 0.6 as
> soon as possible, but currently, Sheepdog becomes relatively stable,
> and there are some actual users who use Sheepdog for production.  I
> think it is a good time to release Sheepdog 1.0.
>
> There are still something to do for the release.  It would be nice if
> someone would help us the following issues especially from a user
> perspective:
>
>   - update wiki
>   - clean up sheep log outputs (check log level and contents, do spell
>     check, and so on)
>   - update man (collie.8 and sheep.8)
>   - modify /etc/init.d/sheepdog so that we can shutdown cluster cleanly
>     (adding '/etc/init.d/sheepdog stop-all'?)
>   - clean up collie command outputs
>
> I'm planning to release it on May 31, but let me know if someone has
> any opinions.
>
> We also plan to announce a new sheepdog organization in near future.
> The organization would be more formal and business friendly community,
> and I think of moving the current sheepdog homepage
> (http://www.osrg.net/sheepdog) to the organization.  We are still in
> the middle of discussing it.  If you are interested, please feel free
> to contact me or Yuan.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kazutaka

I no longer have the spare equipment to test/contribute, but as a
perspective possible future user, I've been tracking sheepdog for over a
year. I'm very pleased to see you guys doing well. It's been an
impressive and constant stream of patches and updates.

Best of luck to you guys. I'll slip back into the shadows now. :)

digimer

--
Digimer
access to education?