[sheepdog-users] Doc. url

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Fri Nov 1 14:50:54 CET 2013

Valerio Pachera <sirio81 at gmail.com> writes:

> 2013/10/28 Daniel Dehennin <daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org>:
>
>> When I'm in single node mode, I would like to have some local data
>> replication between disks à-la RAID5.
>
> I think this is out of the scope of sheepdog.
> Also because the host devices may be very different from each other.
> E.g. I have a host with 2 disks: 500G and 2T.
> You can't apply raid logic in such case without wasting lot's of space.

I saw on the wiki[1] that multi-disks on a single host work à-la RAID0.

I'm not sure about the informations on that page, it's said that:

    “To conclude, MD will make best performance out of underlying disks
    like RAID-0 and have recovery capability without using extra parity
    storage (RAID5) or replicating storage (RAID10).”

But I'm not sure if the recovery will use copy from other nodes in the
sheepdog cluster or if it works locally.

Thanks.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/wiki/Multi-disk-on-Single-Node-Support

--