[sheepdog-users] node recovery performance

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:20:52 CET 2013

2013/11/26 Gerald Richter - ECOS <richter at ecos.de>

> [GR] The first server starts recovery. When now the second server reboots,
> both server are trying to make a recovery from each other. What is
> happening inthis case? Which data will be used (assuming that some data
> might be modified)?

What is the output of 'dog node recovery'?

Call the nodes A and B.
If you turn off B and later A, you have to restart node A first.
In this case, I think you should only see node B by 'dog node recovery'.

If you turn on B, sheep is probably not going to allow you to join the
cluster with node A because of the epoch date that is more recent.