[sheepdog-users] backup images

Maxim Terletskiy terletskiy at emu.ru
Thu Apr 3 10:15:31 CEST 2014

Hi!

I need to backup whole cluster with possibility to restore some of
images later. Tried "dog cluster snapshot/load", correct me if I'm
wrong, but looks like it restores only whole cluster not separate images.

I thought about snapshoting all images and do "qemu-img convert", but it
is not the best way. Without deduplication and compression we'll need
too much space to store backups.

Second way I see is "dog cluster snapshot" and "load" it to another
place(single sheep on backup server?). Not the best solution too, we'll
need to do twice "qemu-img convert" for every backup we'll need to
restore. And there are still question how to store multiple copies of
the same images in case if we need backups from last couple of weeks.

Is there any solutions?