[sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] release candidate for sheepdog 0.8.0

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 02:55:27 CET 2014

At Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:56:34 +0100,
Marcin Mirosław wrote:

> W dniu 2014-01-14 18:45, Andrew J. Hobbs pisze:
> > On 01/14/2014 12:03 PM, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'd like to announce the release candidate for sheepdog 0.8.0.
> >>
> >>    https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/archive/v0.8.0-rc0.tar.gz
> >>
> >> Any kind of testing would be highly appreciated.  Sheepdog 0.8.0 is
> >> planed to be released one week later:
> >>
> >>    https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/wiki/Release-schedule
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Kazutaka
> > I recall something about a new hash algorithm that was going to require
> > a reformat.  Is that still the case with .8 from .7.6, or is there a
> > migratory path?  Unfortunately we just started the semester here on the
> > production cluster, so I'll have to wait for a break to upgrade if
> > there's a major change in the underlying format.
>
> Hi!
> As for now I can see message:
> ERROR [main] migrate_from_v2_to_v3(423) not implemented
> while I was trying to upgrade cluster.

I should have informed you about compatibility issues.  Sorry for
that.

We've changed a hash function for better balancing, so there is no
compatibility between 0.8.0 and 0.7.x.  I have a plan to provide a way
to upgrade from 0.7.x, but, probably, it will come after the 0.8.0
release.

If you already have a cluster with sheepdog 0.7.x, please wait for
upgrading it for a while.

Thanks,

Kazutaka