[sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] sheepdog stable release v0.8.2_rc0

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:00:31 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 11:48 AM, 飞 <duron800 at qq.com> wrote:
> hello, "remove a serious bug in startup recovery of crashed cluster", Can
> you explain in detail about the specific circumstances of this BUG it?

The bug happens in cases like below:
1. some nodes of your cluster crashes
2. then, the entire cluster crashes (stops without "dog cluster shutdown")

In such a case, previous sheepdog uses wrong vnode information after
rebooting. So different data placement maps are used in single
cluster.

Thanks,
Hitoshi