[sheepdog-users] Is it possible to run sheepdog farm without zookeeper/corosync?

Marcin Mirosław marcin at mejor.pl
Tue Jun 3 09:55:45 CEST 2014

W dniu 02.06.2014 15:39, Andrew J. Hobbs pisze:
> Without using a cluster management system you are only going to be able
> to operate on a single physical device.  Using corosync has proven
> unreliable in production.  That leaves zookeeper.  I'm not a fan of Java
> either, but sometimes you bite the bullet and drive on.

Hi!
Thanks you for all replies. I hoped I can avoid using zookeeper, so
worse I can't use corosync on many hosts because there is working
heartbeat 2.x on it.
Hmm, I can see in source tree "shepherd", it is described also as
"cluster driver". I'll try to run shepherd and got:"
** WARNING: shepherd is still only suitable for testing and review **
". Does it means it works a little?:) Will be development of shepherd
continued or there was no time to get rid it?

Marcin