[sheepdog-users] multiple sheepdog clusters in one network

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:39:23 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 01:32:38PM +0400, Maxim Terletskiy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to run multiple sheepdog clusters in one network?
>
> I'm going to create new cluster with 3x replication and new sheep
> version. As I understand it's impossible to share zookeeper servers
> and will be better to setup new?

It is actually easy to add this kind of support for zookeeper driver. For now,
we monitor sheepdog nodes by zookeeper like this

/membership/[ip1:port1, ip2:port2, ... ]

but if we add a cluster id to it, then it will look like

/cluster_id/membership/[ip1:port1, ip2:port2, ...]

So one zookeeper cluster can monitor multiple sheepdog clusters.

And there is no reason we can't do this.

But probably it is hard to do the same for corosync driver.

You can file a bug for this in

https://bugs.launchpad.net/sheepdog-project/+bugs

Thanks